Report Abuse

Re: A fee just to look on Red Week decreases the number of potential renters

[Q=tinam571]I'm moving on. I can look on VRBO, Air BnB, TripAdvisor, Booking. com, etc. I can see pictures, I can read reviews, I can ask questions without having to fork over 20 bucks to do so.[/Q] That's certainly your prerogative. You're free to look on other sites if you wish. Just keep in mind a couple of things. For one, a number of owners here have said that they have rented out what they advertised here on RedWeek so the membership fee has not been a deterrent for the owners. In fact, many owners like the idea of the fee to keep flaky inquirers, spammers, and scammers at bay. Secondly, sites like VRBO, AirBNB, and Trip Advisor do not have as many resorts advertised from renters as RedWeek does. Those sites usually have owners of homes and condos renting them out. Also, as the moderators have pointed out repeatedly, if you buy a membership but, within 30 days you are dissatisfied with what you have or have not found, you can get a refund. Finally, and this is my personal opinion, if the $19 membership is too steep for you, you should not be traveling anyway. Nineteen dollars is a pittance of what trips cost nowadays. Heck, it costs more than that to bring a carry-on suitcase on some airlines.