Report Abuse

Re: Getting rid of a time share.

I gotta throw a bone to the Timeshare Relief people as they were my personal saviors in getting out from under a beast of a timeshare. I looked into donating my timeshare but what no one mentions here is that what that basically means is that the charity will list it for you free of charge and when it sells they'll take the proceeds. If it doesn't sell you continue to pay your maintenance fees. They certainly don't. If your timeshare doesn't sell then you're no better off than you were before. You have only to look at eBay to see the thousands of timeshares for sale to realize there is absolutely no way you're going to make a profit on reselling and listing it with a listing service is just more money out the window. The timeshare Relief model actually makes sense if you consider 1) they're acquiring something that's going to cost them money; and 2) you are paying this money out regardless in fees. Add up what you spend in fees over the duration against what you pay to Timeshare Relief and it starts to make a little more sense. They saved me from foreclosure and ten years of negative marks on my credit report. I can't praise them enough.