Report Abuse

Re: Getting rid of a time share.

Key words there "if they are willing to take your timeshare...." What if they are not? This language is on the Donate for a Cause web site: "Properties that have mortgages, liens, loans, or outstanding maintenance fees that the owner is unwilling to pay off are not acceptable for donation." So, basically, if you are still paying on your timeshare you can forget about it. You are right in that there are number of valuable timeshare opportunities out there and I didn't post my message to suggest otherwise but the reality of the situation is, unless you are well off financially and have an unlimited amount of time to spend negotiating your weeks timeshare properties are a more of a burden than a blessing. The fee I paid to Timeshare Relief was less than $3500. I'm curious where you are getting your information. I believe Timeshare Relief determines the fee the based on the property. Anyway, I had my attorney review the full contract before agreeing to anything and was completely in the know prior to signing on the dotted line. There was nothing shady or illegal about any of it.