Report Abuse

Re: explanation of selling a fixed week, plus points

Our first purchase, directly from Fairfield, was a fixed week which had been converted to points. The only problem with this has been that we could not later combine a new UDI (undivided interest) contract with the fixed week contract to get all our eggs into a single basket. (We moved our other Florida contract to a location with lower maintenance fees.) Sophia, I would agree with the saleslady that points are easier to use than fixed week ownership. Obviously, they have more flexability whether you are using them yourself or as fodder for an RCI exchange. However, remember that RCI Weeks and RCI Points are two different cats. Whatever your ownership form, you give whole weeks or their point equivalent to RCI Weeks and get whole weeks in exchange. If you have access to RCI Points, you can reserve either whole or partial weeks. I am able to access the same Points Resorts via Fairshare Plus as people who buy directly into RCI Points. However, as I understand it, one Fairfield Point is not of exactly the same value as one RCI Point. Think of them as two different currencies. You can get about 10 pesos for 1 dollar--but they buy pretty much the same thing! Well, this discussion has wandered from the topic of selling to the topic of using points and/or fixed weeks. Some of these questions regarding selling should be referred directly to Fairfield's legal department or that of whatever resort group you are involved with yourself. It is pointless to try to generalize.