Report Abuse

Gettig rid of a timeshare!

Try anything before paying $3500 to some parasite working for these postcard companies. You have already made the choice too give away your money so at least try and give less away. I have made donations for many years to many good charities but never had to pay upfront fee's to get them to except my donations. I understand these days it might be hard for them to sell a timeshare at a good profit to their cause. I really don't see any difference in paying a postcard company and a charity that charges you large amount of your money to take the timeshare. Their both doing it because their profit is coming from the owner and not a buyer. I rented my week years ago with option to buy and had friends do it couple years ago and it worked. I deducted the rent from the agreed sale price. Try offering free or even free and you pay all cost. You could even offer this plus $1000.00 to help with maintenance fee cost for couple years. Any of these idea's suck but are cheaper than handing over $3500 to these postcard companies. You could run a ad on e-bay and sell cheap just like the people you paid will do. This way you save money and get out from under the timeshare and its yearly cost and you might just help some young couple buy a timeshare they want and could enjoy for years. Still need to remember reason for most of us owners buying was to use every year and not to make money! PHILL12