Report Abuse

Re: Re: Re: (Vacation limitless) First company who actually helps me get rid of my timeshare

[Q=mayelam]Hey I’m trying to get out of my timeshare how did u do it[/Q] That depends on a few factors. Are your maintenance fees paid up? Do you have anything left owing on the mortgage? If you are paid up on these, then you have a few options. 1) Advertise your unit for free give away her on RedWeek. You can also try E-Bay, Craigslist, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG; tugbbs.com) which as a Bargain Deals section that allows you to advertise for free that you want to give your unit away. 2) Ask the resort to take your unit back. If it is with Diamond, Westgate, or Wyndham, those systems have a program in place that will take a select, limited number of units back from owners who want to give up ownership. For some, only developer-direct purchased units qualify. With other systems, try contacting the resort's Homeowners' Association. 3) If neither of these works, you can just quit paying maintenance fees and let the unit go into foreclosure. You might face a bunch of collection calls and letters and possibly a credit score hit. The big thing though is to not go contacting these companies and law firms that claim they can get you out of your timeshare. Those are usually scams.