Report Abuse

Re: Success rate renting

1. I cannot and do not in any way speak for RedWeek; I am just another member here. That being clearly said, I can tell you that I have placed about 10-12 rental ads over the past 5 -6 years and my success rate with RedWeek ads is 100%. RedWeek is a great site for being on [b]either[/b] side of a rental, in my personal opinion and first hand experience. The key is to have your rental priced competitively (as compared to other rentals at the same place and approximate date) and an ability to answer questions about the resort, area, etc. Obviously, your advertised week must be at a place and during a season where people want to go in the first place (...[b]no one[/b] wants to go to Cape Cod in mid-February, for example). 2. If you are an owner advertising and conducting your own rental, [b]all[/b] terms and conditions, pricing, payment method and cancellation / refund policy is strictly a matter between you and your tenant. [b]IF[/b] you are handling all details of a rental yourself, you can think of RedWeek as merely being the site where you are choosing to advertise; any and all other details of the rental are entirely [b]yours [/b] to determine and negotiate. I don't really think there is any simple or easy "average" or "percentage" that is accurately retrievable by RedWeek personnel regarding overall "completed / successful rentals" on this site. After all, RedWeek does not necessarily even know the final outcome of many ads (other than "full service" listings, where RedWeek is directly involved in actually [b]conducting[/b] the rental), but "full service" listings are only a portion of the total rental ads posted on the RedWeek site. Anyway, I hope this helps a bit. RedWeek-authorized personnel may provide some additional or different perspective. Good luck.