Report Abuse

Gift of Marriott legacy week, a question

Hello all, first time poster and timeshare owner here! I have been generously gifted a legacy Platinum week at Marriott’s Grande Ocean on Hilton Head Island. I have some questions that will probably seem typical for a timeshare noob (please be gentle). First off, I understand that there are limitations to the benefits available to a purchaser of a legacy week timeshare as compared to those available to the original purchaser from Marriott. For instance, I read that the Marriott Reward Point benefits are not available to such purchasers. Question: Is this true for legacy weeks gifted and not purchased? Follow-up, are there any other limitations on a gifted legacy week owner that I need to be aware of? As background, our primary desire is to use the week most of the time; why not, it’s a great week at a great location! Occasionally (maybe every 2-3-4 years), we would like to use the week to go somewhere else, a Marriott property or otherwise. I’ll probably ask other questions shortly. Thanks everyone!