Report Abuse

Re: Construction

[Q=steven2090] I would say break up the trip, purchase one week in the Marriott Ko-Olina, truly wonderful resort on the west end of the island, good for seeing, the North Shore and Dole Plantation, and Pearl Harbor. Purchase a week a Hilton Hawaii to see Waikiki, Diamond Head, Paliu Lookout. Waikiki to really see everything can take 2 - 3 days, and another day for the other items mentioned. Hopefully after all the complaints the noise is under control. No noise at the Kalia Tower. Hope this helps.[/Q] Thanks - actually we were planning two weeks but only one for Oahu and one for Maui. Pretty sure we will stay at the Westin Kaanapali on Maui. We were originally thinking of the Marriott Ko Olina for Oahu but thought the bulk of things to see were closer to Waikiki - so we began to think about the Hilton. Our concerns are now threefold 1) The noise 2) The pools seem half closed 3) Seems the Hilton is great but not really at the center of Waikiki I'm sure we'll be returning so I'm thinking maybe we should pass on the Hilton and see it at its best next trip. Any suggestions for a "homebase" on Oahu? - Marriott Ko Olina might be too far away from Waiki. Any 2nd best place on the beach on Waikiki folks could recommend. Thanks for all the help so far. people have been very generous with their time/advice. John & Julie