Report Abuse

Re: What is best way to reserve a week?

[Q=joolvera] It depends on which Marriott. We bought a Platinium week at Newport Coast because we wanted to be able to take our grandchlldren during the summer months. It has been like pulling teeth. When you buy are the resort, they promise you everything.....and never deliver entirely what they say. Other Marriotts are not as bad. Newport is the worse. My advice....buy a cheaper season and trade in. Doesn't pay to buy the most expensive one at this resort. They have oversold their Platinium season. To say nothing of the fact that with that large a population, they don't even have enough swimming pools to accomodate everyone. I think there's a "60 minutes" story here somewhere.[/Q] We have two weeks at the Platinum season and so far have not had any problems getting the weeks we wanted because we can book 13 months in advance. It appears to be a big advantage for getting the weeks you want. When we went last summer in the beginning of August, we generally did not frequent the main pool, but the one we used was not overly populated at all. Had a great experience. I think the 60 Minutes team will be able to find a more compelling story.