Report Abuse

Re: Need to Sell a Timeshare

[Q=denise1130] I, also, hope that you have many successful trades over the last 20 years. If not, I am shocked. My BIL bought a timeshare about 20 years ago and never did anything with it (trade, rent, occupy). No wonder timesharing got a bad reputation![/Q] Denise it sounds like your husband did same thing in buying 20 years ago and getting no use out of it. Sorry but as I said in my earlier post here this just doesn't make since. Back 20 years ago we bought our first timeshare and it was drilled in your head that you can use it or trade it every year. This was the only reason to buy a timeshare back then and I feel its the same today. All though some try and own much more than one and rent them nows days! This really isn't timeshare resorts or any other companies fault that owner does nothing with their unit though! This is the owners fault if he didn't use or rent or trade each year. First I can not understand how anyone buying wouldn't understand this. Also for the very few that did nothing with their units and not try an sell it or something just doesn't make since. I know we don't get the whole story on here but 20 years is really unbelievable for anyone to waste this much time and money!