Report Abuse

Re: Sanibel Island FL owners

I couldn't agree more! I bought my two weeks from my parents and we've already told our two boys that they will each get a week someday! Regarding the rental amount, initially I had a renter from Redweek who was going to pay $3600 for the two weeks. Then she cancelled on me after Christmas and I didn't get it listed again until Jan 1 or so. I had tons of inquiries but nothing came through. One of the problems is that people inquire multiple listings, so you end up answering a lot of inquiries that never pan out. It was a lot of work! You also have to be ready to respond IMMEDIATELY or you will lose them. Bottom line, I rented week 10 for 1250 and week 9 was a partial week so I only charged 1050. I just got them rented this week!! . Nothing came through until the last minute. But I did get a little flurry of last minute people. Although I didn't get the price I wanted (started at 1750 per week) I think if you list early and really lock it up with a contract and deposits, you could get 1800+, especially at Casa. I would get it listed NOW. I just listed my weeks for 2008! Mary