Report Abuse

Re: Is there a process by which you can convert a "weeks t/s to a point system?

[Q=mike1536] [Q=kevinf89] [Q=mike1536] [Q=kevinf89] [Q=mike1536] Are you in RCI? The resort itself must switch to the points system, then current owners will have the right to switch to Points (ususally for a fee). Here's a suggestion that worked well for me. I own at a 'weeks resort' and recently bought a unit at a 'points resort'. In this manner I can now convert my 'weeks resort' week to points. This would be done on an annual basis. Search around for a resort with a lot of points for a minimal maintanence fee.[/Q] Thank You Mike- I do own within the RCI Network. I have a deed week each summer and the resort has contacted me however in an effort to sell me a "points" timeshare, seperate from my deeded week. I am interested, depending on the value, in either converting the week to points or purchasing a points timeshare with low maintanence fees as you advise. Thanks again-[/Q] ------------------ That's what happened to me. My home resort in NH opened a new points resort and tried to sell me a unit. After hearing the benefits of Points, I just went out and bought somewhere else. I found one that was cheaper with more points and half the MF.[/Q] Thanks again Mike- If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your points timeshare?[/Q] ----------- Rayburn Country Club Resort (RCI ID #5016 ). I probably will NEVER use the unit. I bought it for the points.[/Q] Thank you again-