Report Abuse

Re: Broker

I booked with JWB over the Christmas break. Since it was Covid and last minute I asked for a discount on an ocean front at Maui Ocean Club. He replied it wasn't available but there was one at the other two towers no mention of a change of view with the original booking ad still in the subject line. He lowered the price and I booked. When I arrived at Maui Ocean Cub on New Year eve at 4 pm I was given a garden view on the second floor with a beautiful view of the parking lot. I emailed and eventually called him direct. The person who answered answered Hello. I told him the situation and he indicate it must be Marriott's error I told him I spoke to Marriott and the indicated this was what was booked. He kept saying its New Years eve I am on the east coast there is nothing I can do. DO you want to cancel the booking? I don't know how I would cancel on New Years eve in Maui where would I go. He told me the resort was booked I got a great deal. He then said there was 20 people in the office and said he would drive an hour to the office on New year's eve at 9:30pm to check the reservation. I told him it was New Years and not necessary it was disappointing. I made the best of my vacation and when I returned home I read his email that since I asked for a discount the listing change. I informed him he did not indicate at all the view would change. I also told him I would be sharing my experience. He said he is a small family run company very conflicting from the 20 people in the office. I am pretty confident this guy is not a broker. As someone who has booked with red weeks many times and had great experiences renting from direct owners which is the intent of red weeks I would recommend booking direct from owners or brokers who are really brokers. I have never had a problem from a true owner