Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

I am always checking back to try to get Thanksgiving week for using my points at Crystal Shores. Immediately the first day I can use the system all dates around the holidays, and in fact, almost the entire calendar is booked. I settled for another date but have kept trying to get Thanksgiving 2023. I looked at the Crystal Shores calendar yesterday and most dates, including Thanksgiving were open. It would not let me book because it stated my points were already used. For some reason you cannot cancel timeshare reservations even 10 months out. I called a representative and after being ready to switch my points use to Thanksgiving I was told those dates open that I see are not open. It's some kind of a glitch with the Marriott web site. To me it seems like Marriott saves some points opening reservations for whom I don't know. The Marriott Crystal Shores is hot seller and in fact there have been recent resales there at almost any price and few resales ever available. To me there are only two Marriott timeshare properties ever going to and they are Aruba and Marco Island. Almost all the other locations can be rented by anyone for less than the annual maintenance and dues fees.