Report Abuse

Re: Interval International E-Plus Retrade Ripoff

I recently tried a test using an E-plus v a regular deposit. The E-plus used was a 2 bedroom Marriott week in a reasonably high demand period that has historically been a strong trader. The regular deposit was a non-Marriott week but also a historically strong trader. I was looking to trade to a 2 bedroom Marriott week in an area with lots of availability normally. The non-Marriott week was able to pull a 2 bedroom, the Marriott week would only pull a 1 bedroom. The 2 bedroom had sat on the exchange available list for at least a week when I tried the trade. I contacted II and the rep tried the same test as I had with the same result. When I questioned why the Marriott could not get the 2 bedroom, I was informed that it now had lower trading power than original but also that the number of units available to E-plus were managed from the normal exchange list and that fewer units were available through E-plus. I commented that most members had no idea that this is II's practice and that the membership needed to be made aware of this.