Report Abuse

Is 7Across a scam since being bought by RCI?

We have owned timeshares for 25 years. We don't trade much because we were advised to "only buy something you want to use, skip thinking about trading" many years ago. We soured on RCI years ago, with its annual fees that have to be paid through the period when you would use (not just exchange) a TS. Of the others (free or at least better designed exchanges) out there we had good experience several times with dae. They were bought out by RCI several years ago, but the "no membership fee" structure remained. There is a fee for exchange, which I have no problem with. So I gave them a California week (Hyatt Vac Club, ex Welk, Palm Desert) to see if I could exchange for a week in Washington or Oregon. There was nothing available at the time, so I listed Custom Requests. That was 6 months ago, and I have only one match sent me by email: it was in New Mexico, and not the months I requested. I called Cust Svc and the agent told me "I"ve never seen an exchange for WA or OR". Looking today (1/13/23) on their Availability list there are no exchanges listed for either state, and the area (Pacific Coast) has only 3 listed (for California) in March, 0 for April 23, and 2 (Palm Springs) for May 23. Otherwise you get this from almost every time period and location area: "We don’t have any availability matching this search right now. Select another country, region‌ or month to see what else we might have available or click here to place a custom request." Has anyone else had experience with them?