Report Abuse

Re: Happy with Hacienda?

[Q=samt12] Does anyone else feel like they got drugged? I think buying a timeshare at the Hacienda will haunt us for the rest of our lives. Is anyone glad they purchased? Has anyone found a way around using RCI? We just used RCI to go to Kauai and are pleased with the exchange (hard to complain in Hawaii!). We are still on our 2 free years of membership with RCI. Don't know what to do when that expires. Have a hard time forking out more dough for their membership and ridiculous exchange rates, but will have a hard time facing the Hacienda again for the first time. Would really love to discover a forum of owners seeking to exchange amongst themselves! Please share any positives, insight, or loopholes.[/Q] We are not happy with our timeshare with RCI. Hacienda Del Mar is beautiful but we are finding that it is costing an arm and a leg to fly there. Our experience with RCI has been anything but pleasurable. It took me three months to have a charge taken off my credit card that we had not authorized. Two and a half hours later, a three way call with the credit card company and Hacienda got it taken care of. In the meantime, I was hung up on, transferred from someone in Canada to someone in Mexico to someone in Indiana. We also are sorry that we bought there and don't want to pay the high maintenance fees.