Report Abuse

Re: Re: Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Lance, Having heard from over 2,000 timeshare buyers, I've noticed one ethnic group in particular that is overly polite. Mustering the force it would take to walk out is not in their DNA. Also, many seniors (of which I am one) were also raised to be polite. The Indians say, "Never judge your neighbor unless you've walked a mile in their shoes." Greeters are experts in hooking people into presentations. I began our nonprofit after experiencing this in the extreme in 2015 at a timeshare resort: Hospitality greeter, "We had so many complaints, now it is a group presentations." Me, "Will I be paired with a sales agent?" Greeter, "No! Not unless you have questions in the last ten minutes. There have been some significant changes. I (the greeter) attended and learned a lot!" So we kept our mouths shut the entire presentation, but were still beat up for three hours with devious ways of preventing an exit. We didn't buy anything. I wrote a fairy tale about the experience. I also wrote to the late attorney Bob Massi, host of the FOX show Property Man, and ended up, with my husband, being interviewed by Mr. Massi about our experience on his show. He had aired a segment about the Queen of Versailles. It wasn't about Westgate timeshare, it was about the owners 90,000 square foot house, but he was flooded with timeshare complaints.