Report Abuse

Re: Re: Re: Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Joan, There is a huge timeshare difference between Canadian provinces. Quebec got a law passed, organized by Embarc/Intrawest owners, after Diamond Resorts acquired them. The law amended the existing law by defining timeshare as a service contract, meaning easy cancellation. On the extreme other end, Carriage Ridge and Carriage Resorts, in Ontario, formerly Shell, then Wyndham, would not allow a release no matter how debilitating a hardship, even if no loan. They did a GoFundMe so I could attend their 2019 annual meetings. I had earlier that year attended a Florida legislative workshop where I heard Wyndham's SR VP of Legal testify that "no one needs an exit company because Wyndham has a hardship department" - except for 4,000 Canadians and other Wyndham acquired resorts that had an independent HOA. We published 23 articles written by owners, some by me. I heard from several Carriage owners who were scammed by Vida/Vidanta sales agents, promised they would get rid of Carriage if they bought from them. All they did was later send them to SMTN charging them an $800 to $1,500 fee, and none sold. The first Carriage annual meeting had to be canceled as the building only held 300, and over 1,000 showed up. Their efforts forced the sale of both resorts, so they are no longer timeshare. The deliberate suppression of the secondary market spawned the exit industry. Think what would happen if we could not sell our primary homes because of an outstanding mortgage.