Report Abuse

Re: Question concerning "Webuytimeshares.com"

Jayjay, I agree with your observation that $450 is a small price to pay to unload a worthless timeshare. My concern is that I pay the $450 and the company doesn't follow through. I will do my due dilligence on this company and I will keep you posted as to the outcome. I have a timeshare that I purchased 20 years ago at resale for $3,000 and have received many times that value in return through usage and exchange for ski weeks at prime Marriott resorts. Unfortunately, many factors including poor management and deferred maintenance led to the annual fee and special assessments exceeding the fair rental value of the property essentially making it worthless. I will continue to pay these fees because like you have said in prior posts, JayJay, these fees/special assessments are the "bread and butter" of the resort and if I don't pay them someone else will have to! Carvana [Q=jayjay] [b]I'm not condoning this company, but if they are charging you ONLY $450 (for closing) to take your unwanted timeshare off your hands then that's much better than the $3000-3900+ that postcard companies charge to do the same thing. I believe many people would pay $450 for this sevice to keep from paying another years' maintenance fees.[/b] [Q=carvana]Thanks for responding to my question. I had contacted the company concerning buying one of my timeshares at "wholesale" and they determined that the "wholesale" value of my unit was "0" but that they would take it off of my hands if I sent them $450 for the closing costs. It looked a little questionable to me and I appreciate your heads up on this company.[/Q][/Q]