Report Abuse

Re: Against RCI/II Rules to Rent out Exchanges

[b]According to the rules, you can ask your daughter, friend or neighbor to reimburse you for the exchange fee and the guest certificate fee (if you choose to do so), but no more. It is not against the rules for you to put the reservation in her name using a guest certificate. That is perfectly legal. Personally, I don't understand how RCI or II could know what (if anything) you were reimbursed or if it was a rental or not. I find the rule kind of silly myself. It's not like they have a crystal ball. You can also, with RCI, buy a yearly guest certificate, but how do they know you're not using the yearly guest certicate to rent out exchanges? This baffles me. [/b] [Q=joanp60] Also, I don't feel like anyone has answered the question Mike posed about if I want to let me daughter, my neighbor, whoever be my guest by using my exchanged week, can I ask them to reimburse me the $164. exchange fee + the $59. guest cert. fee? If I was charging them rent, I would be charging them hundreds of dollars. This is not the same as charging rent to me. Say you even asked your daughter to pay you the $59. you had to pay to put it in her name, is that still against the rules? I don't know if you would get a different answer depending on which RCI rep you got.[/Q]