Report Abuse

Re: Timeshare company NOT honoring cancellation policy

We purchased a week from Janine Nyvall at Hawaii Marriott Ko Olina. We paid with Pay pal, she chose not to email information through the RedWeek and it was suspicious, but we went for this as it was with PayPal. Next day after we paid I emailed her asking whether she received the payment and when she will send us the receipt and booking information. She responded she will do in in 7-10 days after Paypal releases money to her. I emailed her back explaining that vac is in 3 weeks and we need to book airline tickets and they will be too expensive in 3 weeks. I asked her to cancel my reservation as all reservations I ever bought I rcvd information promptly and this looks suspicious. She responded, it is real, you can buy tickets. I emailed her again asking to cancel, and she said, there is no cancellation for this booking!!! Just grabbed $21000 and went away. Well, we called paypal immediately within next 24hrs after her first response and they put transaction on hold until they resolve the dispute. After that, we did not hear anything from anyone until a month later when we received a chargeback on our card. We called paypal and apparently they resolved it and paid her a we did not have proof of cancellation. What proof do they need? They never asked for anything and we never used the product we requested. She never sent us any information about the booking, and still Paypal paid her. What's going on? Banks are securing scammers more than their customers. I also had 7 days cancellation policy on my payment, I can't find it now on the copy, disappeared. I don't know what to do. This is too much, can anyone help?