Report Abuse

Re: Re: Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare?

[Q=janinepatriciafluckenburnsd] I had to ask myself, after 22 years of owning this timeshare... why isn't it worth anything? My ex recently passed away in August 2022. How much is it worth today? Why isn't it worth anything? What a ripoff?[/Q] The “value” of timeshares is really only in their actual [b]use and enjoyment[/b]. Most timeshares have little or no resale market value. It’s just the nature of the beast. As an “investment”, there are few (if any) things worse than a timeshare purchase, contrary to what all those lying sales hyenas say. Timeshare ownership is guaranteed vacation property access, with mandatory annual fees. No more, no less. If you got 22 years of use and enjoyment out of your timeshare, you have clearly [b]already[/b] extracted the value from it. The truth is that there may be little or no market interest or value to anyone else to pay much (if any) money for it today. That fact does not in any way make your purchase of [b]two decades ago[/b] a “ripoff”. No timeshare [b]ever[/b] increases in (and very few even hold) their market value over time. Your timeshare may now simply have no resale market value nor be of much if any interest to someone else today — 22 years later. That’s the unfortunate but truthful nature and reality of timeshare ownership.