Report Abuse

Re: Question on Fairfield week and RCI points

[Q=luke6] Well RCI Points is the new system whereby you are buy a week at a participating resort. You are assigned a week and you are supposed to view it as a 'piece of inventory' no more. It guarantees you a place at your home resort for that particular week. The sales people would prefer that you not get hung up about the week they present you with (at closing) because, under the new RCI Points system, on Jan 1 all the resort owners have their weeks deposited into the bucket. Unless you opt out! In which case you will be staying at your home resort during that week forever - hope you like that 'piece of inventory' for that particular time of the year. I personally would visit Florida during a hurricane if I could steer clear of whiny brats and drunken college students. Anyway, you also receive an allotment of points at closing (and every year that you pay your M dues) that you use for making reservations at other resorts within the chain (Vacation Village, in this example, or RCI catalog resorts, plus rental cars, cruises, Disney, hotels, u name it). Fascinating information on RCI Points, Luke! I did not realize that they automatically deposited your owned week with RCI every January unless you opted out. That explains why RedWeek exchange information indicated that RCI Points owners can't exchange through RedWeek. Their week is already "spoken for" by RCI! However, you need not worry about the Fairfield/Wyndham folks being "left out in the cold". We already have Plus Partners and RCI Nightly Stays which seem to offer pretty much what RCI Points does without the automatic deposit to RCI. MD