Report Abuse

Re: TimeshareMLS.org resale scam

[Q=abdullahs] So then what is the legitimate way of selling a timeshare. I haven't seen any services other than the upfront fee services[/Q] I guess unless you want to lose thousands of dollars by giving your timeshare away there is not much. Some one has to come up with a way to sell timeshare in a similar fashion they do at the resorts in the resale market. Otherwise until the resorts stop hiring these slick high pressure vacation package sales reps to pitch come on down for a wonderful vacation with your free whatever, Americans will fall into the timeshare trap. It all starts from your dream vacation package that calls you one evening and sells you the world. I wonder if those people even realize what they are getting us into. Then of course if everyone knew about the resale market, the developers would close up and the well kept grounds and amenities would suffer. The entire timeshare industry is a sales game, from the originator vacation package reps, to the resort sales presentation, and finally into the resale market. Where you can either give it away or pay some one to sell it for you. If it ever sells. I am sorry If I sound so bitter, but the numbers are astounding according to some research I found. 85% of timeshare owners either do not use there property or wish they could sell it.