Report Abuse

Re: Happy with Hacienda?

I will try answer some of your questions. #1. Don't know. #2. All intervals at HDM are right to use. I don't believe there are any provisions to renew when the origional time period has expired. You would be buying the remaining time period of the previous owner. There are resorts in Mexico that will renew your time of use, one instance is 5 times your annual maintenance fee. #3. RCI may offer you a bonus week if you deposit your HDM week with them well in advance of the reserved time. This bonus week is subject to availability, and in my opinion, would only get you into vacation areas during off peak times, or into low demand resorts. I would not want to rely on a bonus week to obtain a high demand resort/time. #4. A definate LIE !! I have posted that we reserve prime time 365 days in advance, which we have been doing for many years. There will be off-peak times when the resort is not full, and reservations are easier to obtain. If I called the resort today, I would bet money there is not any availability until May or June, 2008. I have been in line at 6:00 AM to make reservations, and I have seen availability of certain size units be completely booked by 9:30. It may be somewhat better now with more units being added, but the resort has had a reputation of being oversold for many years. We have owned since 1998, so have had some experience. It is still a beautiful resort, and look forward to returning there in February. Bruce