Report Abuse

Re: Re: TRYING TO GET OUT OF MEXICO TIMESHARE

[Q=nicholasd159] trying to get out of my tafer loan. really isn’t a bad timeshare, just way overpriced and high pressure me into it. Would definitely lose a good chunk but trying to stop the bleeding as previously mentioned. I know tafer is Mexico. But when you call resort com, they are based in Nevada. Does this mean that they also have presence in the United States? Or is this the same concept that they really can’t do much if I just stop paying since the company is based in Mexico? also, will this create future issues if I travel to Mexico again, even if going to a different resort?[/Q] Not enough information provided to definitively answer the first part of your question. I do not know what "resort com" is nor what your call to "resort com" revealed. It [b][i]could[/b][/i] be that whoever you contacted (and who you apprently believe is located in Nevada) [b][i]could[/b][/i] be nothing more than a third party marketing or advertising entity or a call center, perhaps working under contract for Tafer but [b]maybe[/b] not actually being a part of Tafer Residence Club (which is their actual full name, unless I am mistaken). You need to do some research to determine [b]whether Tafer itself has a physical business presence here in the U.S.[/b]. Personally, I have no idea. Your issue with Tafer, no matter how you handle it, will have no future impact on your travels to Mexico, other than your possibly being unwelcome at (and maybe unable to stay at) any Tafer properties or affiliates (if they have affiliates) if / after you default on a loan obtained from or through Tafer.