Report Abuse

Re: Floating v. Fixed?

[Q=mer1] [Q=maria985] [Q=mer1] if u have a floating platimun, you can still get the holiday weeks. just call one year in advance.[/Q] I don't think you can get any holiday--we own week 52 and paid a premium for that week and we own phase 1--even though phase 2 is mostly float they also sold premium weeks as fixed--also know other owners who own particular holiday weeks so it is very difficult to get those weeks because they are held for them as they can call between 10 and 12 months to secure them. Holidays are very difficult to get at Harborside. Never had a problem using my other platinum unit to reserve in platinum season but not successful ever in securing another week 52 unit that wasn'tfixed.[/Q] i had my unit for 5 years and three years i got holiday as long as i called early. i did new years two years and one easter week.... i realize that there are never guarentees and every year is different. keep i mind they do not heat their pools ....week 51 and 52 is chilly too. the off seasons are often best anyway. if u maximize your staroptions with a solid 148,800 purchase you can go all over with many weeks for the one week purchase.[/Q] Depending on how owners of those weeks bought they can be held for them until the actual day of check in--that was the guarantee given initially--I have owned Harborside since 2001--eventually they went to that you had to call between 10-12 months out--if you didn't you lost that week--I repeat rarely does that happen because owners such as myself can rent those--have done it twice when that week included Christmas and I didn't want to be away that time--I got $4200 for a corner one bedroom. I repeat what everyone on TUG says--if you want a particular week at a resort you should try to find that week. An option for folks wanting a holiday is to look at the calendar for the timeshare for when there is a week 53--they don't sell that week so it is easy to get that week as it is wide open--week 53 happens every few years--other holidays are easier but please don't make your purchase under the assumption that you can get that New Years week--once the resort is fully sold out--and it is close--all the floating folks in Phase 2 will be calling to try for that week.