Report Abuse

Re: Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts

[Q=brianw203] [Q=lee144] [Q=markf140] I am an owner since 1992 16 years and own week 13 in the West village. I have heard the rumors about the point sytsems and the need to change over to global access from RCI weeks. Is it needed? Can I change over to RCI points instead of weeks? They are telling me that it would cost me 2084$ to get into Global Access or buy another week. I tried to just switch to the 15th week from the 13th week and they wanted 13,500 to switch weeks.[/Q] I have a points account and a weeks account with RCI. They will let me deposit one of my weeks in the weeks account and then allow me to convert the week to points and move them into my points account. In order to do this you would have to buy some type of points timeshare.[/Q] record everything you do, get it in writing make shure the supervisor is aware get it in writing if something goes wrong they will deny everything.[/Q] I am an owner for 20+ years, which I'm seeing now just isn't that special. I am SO glad you guys all are on here, and I'm glad you're smart. Good grief. We came close to giving them more money! In-laws were in for the scam the previous week, and had the identical 2 party close tactic. the first one tells you about the 2 options (the only two is what they tell you) to buy another unit, etc. to upgrade to Global Access. Con man 2 comes in to tell you, "I'm sure they told you about the upgrade option for $3,995?" Suckers like us reply "No." I won't give you the script, but we both experienced on several occasions. I confronted him later that afternoon, and I got, "What can I tell you? That's the way we do it." So, we bought nothing. We aren't overly excited with RCI as both weeks and points owners. The idea of getting more points to trade through Global ACcess does sound appealing. It would be great if they had a fee to simply join Global Access. They wouldn't be able to fund then all the additional construction projects. Worse experience we've had at OLCC. Ended up like others on here just wanting to sell the whole thing -then realized that it's not that easy.