Report Abuse

Re: Quarter House in New Orleans

[b]We've been to New Orleans many times. We formerly owned a week at Hotel de L'Eau Vive on Tchoupitoulas St. across Canal St. (main downtown street) from the French Quarter. We never saw any roaches or bugs there. We've never stayed at Quarter House but it's reputation is among the finest of timeshares in NOLA. We also never had any trouble with theft even though housekeeping came every day. However, I wouldn't leave any valuable jewelry or money lying around at ANY hotel or resort. There are safes at the front desk. Quarter House is in an excellent location in the French Quarter and within walking distance to all the Quarter and Canal St. has to offer. I believe Quarter House is one block from Bourbon St. As far as safety concerns, I wouldn't venture outside of the French Quarter at night, but I wouldn't do that in any large city. The French Quarter is heavily patrolled with cops on horses, plain clothes cops and unifromed cops. Tourism is the life blood of New Orleans, especially since Katrina, and the cops come down hard on anyone messing with a tourist. You must ride the trolley to see NOLA's historic destrict and the beautiful homes along it's path. I read that the historic district wasn't affected by Katrina, so nothing much will have changed.[/b]