Report Abuse

Re: Can't We Get Rid Of Provisional Listings?

[Q=joseph409] I agree. The problem with the Provisional weeks is that there are too many people that won't pull the trigger until they can get what they want. Under that scenario, no one wants to be the first to jump in for fear they may not get what they want. There are a lot of provisional weeks that I am interested in, and I'm sure some of these people would be interested in my week (prime Aruba resort >3000 points) but everyone (including me) is gun shy. I say get rid of the provisional weeks, but give people longer to use their points (5 years?). You would see more people jump in the pool and the system would work better. I think this forum offers a better alternative than RCI and II, but they need to tweak it a little.[/Q] I have said of this exchange that I think many RCI members will look at this but not many who deal with II. Some say to just jump in so others can make their plans and use your unit but bottom line is owners are not worried about others getting their unit but what you can get if you do a deposit. You do have a great resort and many would try and get it but then what do you do for three years but wait or trade down and that is not a good one. We looked at trading one of our units but only units in Maui and Kauai we wanted were on the provisional list so we dealt with II on Request First and will be in Maui in May 2008,taking our baby girl for her 21st birthday/Graduation gift . There are now about eight months later about 13 units on the list and not one was one we would have asked for or excepted. All this time and our picks are still on the provisional list or have been removed by the owners! The difference I see with this provisional list and II request First is you pay your fee's on II and give them your choices and when comes up your assigned and they give your unit away to other members and everyone is happy! With this exchange the owners just wait and if something comes up they have choice to pull the trigger or not so nothing is guaranteed. Even if all works many people then are priced out of the provisional unit because the points are just to much in dollars. With II its simple,you get your exchange and no extra money being paid in points to II and the job gets done and your family can just go enjoy their vacation!