Report Abuse

Re: Global Access thru Orange Lake Resorts

[Q=suzannes39] My husband and I just returned from a "week 12" vacation at Orange Lake. (We are owners of a 2bed/2bath). We were constantly pestered to attend an "owners" update meeting at the "beautiful" Founders Club. Apparently this was supposed to whet our appetite. ... We were very thankful we backed out of a purchase for a unit in the new River Island village. The crowd in that area was unbelievable, by 10 am there was not a chair to be had. I can't imagine paying the price of the RI units and not being able to even find a chair, especially for families with young children. This may be somewhat alleviated upon completion of the pool at the West Village as many were owners (as we are, from the west village). All in all we have to say we have found a distinct shift in attitude in the last couple of years.. OL is not the same as it once was. Long time owners consistently expressed this opinion to us over the week we were on site.[/Q] We were also told that we were going to an "seminar" on how Global Access works, which turned out to be a sales presentation. As for the crowds at RI, yes it gets very crowded, and by the time the West Village pool reopens, the RI addition will be finished. Also, RI can be VERY loud at night. But we don't regret buying in RI as the pool is incredible and we love the fact that it is so close to the room. We're early risers, so we can "towel" a few chairs early when we will be spending the day there. My cousin, a 20 year Orange Lake owner (with 4 weeks) prefers the "Golf Villas" as he and his wife like the quietness and privacy they afford. To each his own.