Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts

[Q=davidh273] Do the REAL math and you will find that even if you stay at the same place over and over again this doesn't pay. We paid an exorbitant amount for one week which we had to supplement with maintenance fees and all the other fees. Those realistically worked out to be more than if we were to rent the same resort, through redweek; for a full month of weeks. With all the deals and bargains on the internet one can really save and stay in quality places without maintenance fees, club fees or upfront realty fees. I am again a happy traveler. See you somewhere soon! PS if you are looking to buy a timeshare watch redweek for deals and only buy newer units with low maintenance fees.[/Q] [b]My sentiments exactly .... I would not buy a timeshare week unless I wanted a hard to get location in a hard to get time period (ie: ken who owns in southwest florida during snowbird season .... very high demand, very low supply) and even then I would look for rentals first. Also, things can change and have changed .... just look at Hawaii and Aruba, and other exotic fly to destinations where tourism is taking a beating due to high airfares, charges for luggage plus the hassle of flying period. And the cost of gasoline even to drive to a timeshare is $4.00+ and rising weekly. There are SO MANY accomodation/vacation/timeshare/condo/home rental sites on the internet now, including Redweek, that I would not weigh myself down with ever increasing maintenance fees and possible special assessments that HAVE to be PAID forever or until it's sold. Owning can become an economic albatross around one's neck.[/b]