Report Abuse

Upront fee parasites...

[Q=carvana]You prove up a verbal contract with credible witnesses. This happens all the time. It is up to the jury to decide whether the one testifying under oath is believable. Certainly, it is best to reduce a contract to writing to eliminate confusion but verbal contracts occur all the time and I suspect you unknowingly engage in them yourself from time to time. Glad to contribute to your ongoing education![/Q] [b]I guess that's what TV shows like Judge Judy are all about? Thanks for the education :o)! I was speaking in terms of upfront fee timeshare company scams (verbalized over the phone to a prospective client) and developer bought timeshares (verbalized in presentations to a prospective client) legalize where the written contract is the only legally binding script in a court of law. What was verbalized means nothing unless the prospective client taped the phone conversation or the presentation. This is why I would love for an investigative journalist to take on the task of outting all lies told by salespeople in the timeshare industry. It would certainly be a major coup for the journalist's career and a major eye opener for the public. [/b]