Report Abuse

Re: REDWEEK EXCHANGE

dz2 states asks in relevant part: >> I'm so confused over how the provisional week works. Is it basically a "request first" similar to II? I want to place my week with Redweek, but only want to release it if an exchange comes through for me. Does it basically mean I give it over to Redweek, but I still can control it and use it if a trade does not come through that I want? << =============================================== The "provisional" weeks are NOT actual deposits. They are, instead, merely weeks which someone CLAIMS to own and which they have indicated they would deposit *IF* they found something acceptable to exchange for. If you choose to actually deposit your week, with RedWeek (or any other exchange company / entity, for that matter), upon deposit your week is then GONE from your control. Once you deposit, you immediately relinquish the right to rent it out, or to use it yourself, or to deposit it with any other exchange entity. I like the RedWeek exchange model (in concept), with valuations which you know clearly and specifically before depositing (unlike, for comparative example, the mysterious and hidden valuation approach practiced by RCI). However, make NO mistake about the fact that the "provisional" weeks listed on RedWeek may very well NEVER become actual deposits which actually become available for you to exchange into. Think of the provisional weeks as merely a "wish list" of weeks which may or may not ever actually materialize for exchange...