Report Abuse

Re: II GETAWAY PROGRAM!

[Q=daves250] Aruba for $400, Fort Lauderdale for just over $200. The deals are crazy. I just wish I had more $$ and more vacation weeks from work so I could take advantage. Makes me think that i have 2 TS weeks, but I'd be quite happy with just the one and buy into some of these deals as a result.[/Q] Dave did you just look at the getaway list or enter search getaways for Aruba area? If you just hit the getaway for Hawaii you get one or two pages but use search and you have three pages on some of the islands. What is strange is these listings are not your lower end resorts but Gold Leaf and Silver resorts. I have to agree with you about using the getaway more. We own two units at the Ridge Tahoe because we love the area and resort and can use one and exchange other even year if we want or rent it out. We go up every fourth of July week. The cost of a two bedroom at the Sands of Kahana in Maui now is $850 for the week and our maintance fee's alone for each Ridge unit is $884 starting 2009 plus taxes. We thought of buying a unit at the Sands of Kahana this year but with these deals it would be stupid to buy. We may have to start thinking of your idea of selling one unit. Last months list showed Williamsburge two bedrooms at the Marriott for under four hundred which is much cheaper than some of the lower tier resorts there. Of coarse once the airlines fix their problems these deals won't have as many choices for us members! PHIL