Report Abuse

Re: Can't We Get Rid Of Provisional Listings?

I agree with the recommendation that provisional listings should be done away with. I deposited first, and found a suitable exchange afterwards. I really appreciate being able to see the entire inventory and I hope that more folks will use Redweek for exchanges, so that it gets better for all. I hate dealing with RCI. I always have a search request going on with over 8 months already and I never get contacted. You don't see what's available when you want it and their exchange system doesn't make sense. A few years ago I was told nothing was available for Hawaii at Christmas whenever I called to follow up. My friend who owns a 2 bedroom instead of a 3 bedroom at the same resort in Orlando as us (different week but older unit to boot) then called and was told immediately, "oh yes, we have one available right now". They couldn't explain why a unit was available for him, but not me. Anyway, I recently asked if I could reverse my 8 month deposit at RCI as I'd rather go with Redweek, but told "no can do". Anyone have any advice on how to get more cooperation out of RCI? Complaining, and telling them that Redweek is better, didn't get me anywhere.