Report Abuse

Re: bad service

I have owned Tahiti village for 3 years and have never been able to use it. First let me give you some back ground on my experience with Consolidated Resorts. 2 years ago my wife and I bought a Royal Tahitian 1 week yearly floating. As part of our purchase they gave us the usual sales that we could split up our unit into 2 units, rent one and use the other or just use it 2 weeks out of the year. They stated that we could get the rooms for $77 dollars a night. Plus they gave us the standard misleading lines that we could refinance it because it was a deeded property. They also gave us 6 free vacations which I have found out to be totally worthless. We purchase the floating and the more expensive unit thinking that it would give us a higher rating to get the weeks and days that we want. Since we have purchased this property we have not been able to use it once. Every week we have chosen has not been available. We have also found out that if we can not get a date locked in, we can not exchange it. Several times they said we needed to pay “Additional Fees” because we bought into Phase 2 and it was not complete. We paid those fees only to find out nothing was available. Last fall I decided to sell it and I have not had a single offer yet. I have also learned that Consolidate has been renting out the time share on Expedia and Hotels.com. This is in direct violation with our contract. Plus the deed that I was given for Phase 2 is not really in Phase 2 Since then I have started researching Consolidated Resort and found that there have been many complaints made to the BBB, FTC, AskExperts.com and ripoffreport.com concerning them. I currently have 20 owners willing to fight this company. If you would like to join our lawsuit - email me at frose@bellsouth.net