Report Abuse

Re: Timeshares is good investment or not.

You make a good case if: 1. You never want to change sking locations. 2. You ignore maintenance cost inflation. 3. You ignore rental inflation. 4. You fail to extimate the value of the investment. i.e. at 5%/year, your $13k is worth $21k after 10 years. My timeshare, which I bought from my daughter-in-law to get them rid of one arguement every time the son pays the maintenance fee. Since I hate the location we own, my annual economics for week 45 are $700 maintenance fees, inflating every year, $164, RCI exchange fee, $400 cost of capital @5%, $89 RCI annual membership. My total annual cost is therefore $1353 or $193 per day. Since we usually travel off season, I can rent the best location in town for less. Example, we just did Club Intrawest at Sandestin FL; a wonderful location. I saw a sign while there that offered 3 days for $150 total, or $50 per day, no strings attached! So, it's whatever floats your boat that counts...I'm stuck with this for life since I tried to give it away ($1000) on Redweek and not even a phone call. It's current market value is $0.00.