Report Abuse

Re: Loved my stay

We were there the last week of March (ended in April), 2008. I had bought a 1-BR unit on E-bay just dirt cheap, so I knew I'd gotten my money's worth regardless of what it was like. I was VERY pleasantly surprised. Everything clean and immaculate. Upholstered furniture needs a little DEEP cleaning or possibly replacing soon, although totally acceptable then. The older units at Phase I on a side street OFF of Tropicana is better for quietness. Phase II right on Tropicana might let you hear traffic noise. We rented a car and had a great time touring around to see SO many things! Pharmacies, grocery stores, etc., very close. Staying away from the fancy resort restaurants and patroninzing locally owned establishments gave us good food and reasonable prices. However, the buffet at the Rio Suites Hotel is excellent, varied and not TOO expensive. Shows are everywhere, enough to keep you entertained for weeks, BUT pretty expensive. The Orleans very near de Soleil is beautiful, great place for gambling or listening to music, and their buffet was not too bad either. I PERSONALLY prefer sit down service restaurants, but ..... I have a hard time understanding how people can give de Soleil a bad review. I loved it. Considering that people are still paying MANY thousands of dollars for units there, my investment in the unit was minimal. My PERSONAL recommendation, if you want to buy a unit from the developers is to buy one at Tahiti down the street (same owners). It's a little newer but NOT nices. Buy de Soleil on resale. Great bargains available.