Report Abuse

Re: TimeshareMLS.org resale scam

I will not answer your main question about how we do it. None of your business. Here is what I will tell you. 1.) You take something off of our forum you post credit as to where you originally saw it. Anything less is not right and in our opinion stealing. 2.) Correct. A money back guarantee is only as good as the company that says it. We only accept credit cards for one reason which is buyer protection. The reason is that when you check out it clearly states that if we are unsuccessful within 90 days you get your money back. If we fail to deliver a refund your credit card company would. Too many chargebacks or a pattern of chargebacks = a suspended account. Not to mention chargebacks cost more than it would cost to give a refund. 3.) You state that while on the job our activities don't seem right. They aren't. However we do it for the greater good of the consumer and the "stick it up your a**" of the companies behind these scams. I will not fully disclose a detailed answer here. I will give you this example: Acme Resales is in possession of many leads that consist of people looking to sell their timeshare. Jane Doe works for Acme Resales and calls a lead that happens to be you. She gives you a pitch, you bite for $998, and you never hear from her again realizing after a year you got scammed. Jane took her $400 commission off of you and had a nice weekend smoking crack with your money. John Doe works for us and is on assignment at Acme Resales. Instead of Jane getting your lead John does. He calls you, gives you the same pitch Jane would have, and you bite for $998. John takes his $400 commission off of you and uses a portion of the money to fund these investigations and helps others who have been victimized. John calls you 45 days later and tells you who he really works for, what he did, and why he did it. He also educates you that any company requiring upfront fees is a scam so you never fall victim again. He gives you explicit instructions on how to get your money back which you follow to the T and get your money back. Acme Resales looses the $998 sale plus the $400 they paid in commission to John and can't collect from our rep being John no longer "works" there, plus a $50 chargeback fee, plus 3% for the original charge, plus another 3% for the charge being reversed totaling a loss to Acme Resales in the amount of $509.88 per customer. In 60 days John should get a minimum of 50 deals so you do the math and ask your self how far we shove it up their you know what dry with no lubrication. Would you rather be called by John or Jane? Let's play devils advocate and say after following John's instructions you are unsuccessful (very unlikely). In that case we offer you our services for free, you get your money back, and never pay another upfront fee again. Let's assume worst case scenario and you can't get your money back from the company nor are we successful... You would have paid the same fee whether John or Jane called you. At least John gave you an education that saved you money in the long run as you will never fall for it again. Say what you want about once bitten twice shy. We know from experience that people fall for it multiple times. In my days as a timeshare resale agent I sold a guy who had paid 6 other companies. At the end of the day we are doing far more good than the little bad. We all go to sleep at night just fine knowing that we are making a difference in peoples lives and giving back. It doesn't excuse us for what some of us did in the past but the past is the past and today is the first day of the rest of our lives. We aren't proud of how we use to make nice livings but I for one am proud of what I do now. Are we scam artists? Yes we are! We are some of the best scam artists out there only we don't scam innocent consumers. We scam the scammers who prey on the hard working and ever too trusting timeshare owners like yourself.