Report Abuse

Re: Deposit for future exchange - does it matter what week?

[Q=davidd320] [Q=marty8084] [Q=mike1536] [Q=davidd320] One thing I have noticed is that DAE has become the first and only company to get into the Hapimag resorts that hitherto have never permitted outside exchanges. Redweek is supposed to be sharing DAE inventory but I haven't seen any of the (quite numerous) Hapimag weeks that DAE is listing at present.[/Q] Redweek staff...please correct me if I'm wrong. My understanding is RedWeek uses DAE to manage the timeshare deposits and exchanges. All inventory comes directly from owners and not from DAE. If Hapimag does not allow deposits to Redweek, then you will not see any listed. If RedWeek shares inventory with DAE, then it is news to me and probably to a lot of other members.[/Q] HI David, I apologize, I knew we shared inventory when we first launched our exchange program but wasn't aware that we still do so. Essentially, if we have a week that one of DAE's members is requesting, they ask us if they can have it, and some financial arrangement is made on the back-end. Alternately, they feed their inventory into RedWeek Exchange. I do apologize for the confusion. Thanks, Marty RedWeek.com doesn't share inventory with DAE or vice versa. DAE does the clean and press and a few other areas of the exchange transaction. I'm sorry but I don't know what the situation is with Hapimag. Thanks, Marty[/Q] Marty, could you clarify your answer above a little bit. Every week shown in my e-mailed Redweek New Postings alert this morning (11 exchanges in Scotland and Spain) is shown on DAE Europe's availability listing (resort/entry date/unit size) as well. This happens too frequently (virtually every day) to be purely coincidental. I belong to both Redweek and DAE (because Redweek gives me excellent points for one of my weeks and DAE gives me two weeks of exchange credits for another week that I own, whilst the Redweek points valuation for it is pathetic) so I cross-check a lot.[/Q]