Report Abuse

Re: vacation sales and marketing scam

I foolishly listed with Vacation Sales & Marketing almost a year ago. This was the 3rd upfront fee I have paid in an attempt to sell my timeshare. The other two I never heard from again. Of course VSM told me the same story - we have people waiting for your timeshare just give us your $700 - and if for some reason we don't sell your timeshare we will refund after 6 months. Six months to the day I called them and asked for my money and they verified that I was within the 30 day refund period. I sent a certified letter. The next day I started getting calls from their reps (who somehow didn't know I had just asked for a refund) asking me to sign up because they had people waiting to buy timeshares:). Long story short, they stalled for 3 weeks and I got hot with them on the phone a few times, but I finally got all my money back! I was, and still am, surprised I got my money back and I would never do business with them again. Today I found out that a well known realty company has a timeshare division and does not ask for money up front. I would tell you - but I want to sell mine before they are flooded! Just check the biggest companies you know!