Report Abuse

Upfront fee parasites...

[Q=jayjay] This is why I would love for an investigative journalist to take on the task of outting all lies told by salespeople in the timeshare industry. It would certainly be a major coup for the journalist's career and a major eye opener for the public. [/b][/Q] JayJay: For a couple of years now I've managed a Yahoo group populated by well over 250 people (and growing) among thousands ripped off by Copeland Marketing based in Daytona, which remanifested later as World Wide Vacation Realty (out of Georgia, then Daytona) - after our group worked together to put Copeland out of business. These egregious operators adapted the "standard" ripoff strategies so well-described here (and elsewhere by GaryM172). We did everything under the sun to get the Florida Attorney General's office to prosecute or force them to refund the clients - to no avail. Couldn't find any attorney willing to handle a class action suit. Couldn't seem to get any media coverage of the problem, yet we are still trying: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Copeland_Marketing_Investigation/ My question is - have you found (or even heard of) a top-flight journalist or two willing to act as you described above? Sure would like to get hold of someone like that. Where can some of these thousands of members among dozens of disgruntled ripped-off groups get organized to work together on exposing these scams in a major way? Clair (now living in Canberra, Australia)