Report Abuse

Re: TimeshareMLS.org resale scam

Hello Gary (& forum readers): I am suspecting I may be in the same boat as others being scammed ... I have recently (this year 2010) dealt with and signed on with GMAC Real Estate Timeshare Division (GMAC-TSD)company to market my Wyndham timeshare points for rent. I have since been trying to do further research on this company and not sure what to believe from various websites complaining about GMAC-TSD. The sales person I spoke with at GMAC-TSD said they should be able to rent my timeshare very quickly ... since there were several events coming up in March & April that will need timeshare spaces. I paid the upfront money ($1000). This salesperson assued me that their company was different than the other scam companies (mentioned by name Timeshares Only, etc) because they (sales force) are paid when they rent out the timeshare - not form the upfront money I pay - which supposedly goes to GMAC-TSD headquarters. The salesperson also reitereated that GMAC-TSD has a partnership with Travelocity .. specifically indicating this partnership establishes their high credibility. I have also called back the original sales person to get a status. The salesperson had an excuse of why they could not yet rent out my points yet .. but assured me upcoming events in April would been getting rental activity. I have purposefully left out names in this post so as to protect myself - in case GMAC-TSD is looking for potential 'whistle blowers' on the WWW. My questions to this forum - 1. Has anyone else dealt with GMAC Real Estate Timeshare Division (GMACTSD)? 2. Is GMACTSD an aka name or associated with CHL Marketing and/or Howard Levene? 3. Is GMAC-TSD another scammer business or possibly a franchise that is using the GMAC reputation to gain the public trust? Or is GMAC-TSD a legitimate timeshare rental marketing business? 4. I think I have traced one of the phone numbers given to me by GMACTSD to CHL Marketing .. but not certain - 888-750-GMAC(4622) and 321-274-9687; Fax: 407-992-8835 This is the company corp address info - 4630 S. Kirkman Rd #601 Orlando, FL 32811 Fax: 407-992-8835 Thank you for all your effort and time with informing the public about these scams. I sincerely appreaciate any help. JM