Report Abuse

Re: trading power ko olina

I own EOY odd at Ko Olina. Yes, we did buy through Marriott, but I don't regret it. We LOVE Ko Olina (live on the East Coast but used to live on Oahu). I do think it has good trading power, but would never buy just for that. We do plan on going EOY to Oahu, so would not plan on trading our whole unit ever. Saying that, we did last year use only our 1br portion. I deposited our studio with II. I just booked early June in a 2br unit at the Four Seasons in Scottsdale, Arizona for our studio deposit, for our family early summer vacation. This condo has daily maid service, 2 bedrooms and 3 full baths, and sounds wonderful. We have been wanting to take our two children there for a while, and are very happy with the trade (and no, it did not show up as a "getaway" as some trades have done). Marriott does NOT have a true internal trading system, like Disney. We do have "priority" but no, it is not a true internal system. I do think that if they did, we would purchase more weeks. We have been told it's in the works for years. I almost bought Disney years ago, but am glad I didn't, since I think Interval is superior to RCI (we go to Disneyworld every year, sometimes 2 and 3 times a year).