Report Abuse

Club Navigo is NOT a rip off - some members just don't understand how to trade

I have been a Club Navigo member and owner at Charter Club Resort in Naples, FL for five years. I am quite happy with my membership experiences in Club Navigo. I have been able to successfully trade my week at Charter Club each year either for another Club Navigo property or through Interval International for other resorts around the US. I have spoken with other owners who have been less satisfied over the years and I have found two things in common with the people who are unsatisfied: 1. they don't fully appreciate how timeshare systems work and how to make best use of the trading opportunities, and 2. they appear to prefer to believe they've been ripped off than to make an effort to educate themselves on how timeshares work. Here are a few tips: Trade early - don't wait until three months before you want to travel. Start working on trades at least six months before your planned travel. Be flexible with dates and locations - the broader you cast your net the more likely you will obtain a place for vacation. The first two years we owned at Carter Club we traded our week to stay at other Navigo properties: one winter in South Beach and another winter in Ormond Beach. The last three years we have traded through Interval international to use summer weeks in Cape Cod, MA and coastal Maine.