Report Abuse

Re: Corporate Events Sales & Service (CESR)

I also got a call from these guys today. Unsolicited and out of the blue. To tell you the truth the offer sounds very good. I agreed to have them send me their proposal via email (see below). They are saying there will no upfront fees, and they will only expect their 8% commission check only AFTER I have received the proposed amount from the buyer in full. So, if I don't have to pay anything upfront, and I only have to pay the comission check AFTER I receive the funds, this sounds pretty good. They have asked me to sign the following agreement and also send back the first page of my contract with my timeshare so that they have proof that I actually am the owner of the timeshare in question. What do you guys think? What can they do with the first page of my contract? (And please, no "What ifs". I am seriously considering this.) I spoke with the "General Manager" there and he said, yes he is aware of the scams out there and that this is not one of them (of course he's going to say that). Here is the letter: ----------------------------------- Corporate Events Sales and Rentals (CESR) GUARANTEES the amount of ($3X,XXX.XX) USD) will be paid to the owners(s) contingent upon the seller providing proof of ownership. CESR assumes all information to be true and accurate to the best of the owner(s) knowledge. Any discrepancies may warrant an adjustment in price by CESR or any of its agents. CESR will charge the seller an 8% commission AFTER the seller has received the full proceeds of their sale. There will be no other charges to the seller for services rendered by CESR or any of its agents. Please note, by signing this proposal, OWNER(S) DO NOT RELINQUISH THE RIGHTS TO THEIR PROPERTY(S). Should you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. ----------------------------------- Please let me know what you guys think. If they are legitimate, they could be the answer to all of our timeshare problems. Paul