Report Abuse

Re: Donating my timeshare to a charity

We're in the process of trying to donate our timeshare from Steele Hill Resort in NH to a transfer company called "Life Oasis for Families" who in turn transfers it to "The Florida Veterans Assistance Program" we are having a heck of a time this has been going on since August and it's getting pretty stressful. They told us the charges would be around $1,200 for everything, which we paid $775 upfront for administrative fees to donate and so far $275 (pay-pal terms and conditions say if transfer doesn't go through money will be refunded) for closing costs plus the resort charges $200 for transfer paperwork. I looked up the FVAP on the Fla. Consumer Information and they are indeed a 501(c) charity. They also gave me some reference #'s to call and I did. One gentleman told me he got rid of 2 timeshares with them last February and he was a little nervous at first but everything went well. Steele HIll claims they sent an original copy of contract for Life Oasis to sign and send back to them. SH now claims they sent this contract three times to be signed and returned to them. Life Oasis said they never got the paperwork. I don't know who to believe anymore. I regret the day we we're stupid enough to go up to Steele Hill for the supposed 90 minute tour which turned into 5 grulling hours. We have paid the main. fee for 2011 but 2012 will be due by the end of this year. I was told by Steele Hill the new owners should be responsible for upcoming main. fee. I'm not sure what's going on if Life Oasis is stalling. How can I get this nightmare over with and has anyone ever heard of the cast of characters I mentioned above...help!